It is imperative for every household to have a well-planned kitchen layout. Even if you have a tiny kitchen, you can make it look classy by adding character to your cooking space by means of strategic design choices. If you are planning to give your kitchen a face-lift, the following tips will help you design your kitchen in the best possible manner-
- Calculate the Size of Your Cooking Space: In order to renovate your kitchen, you should know the accurate length, width, and height of your cooking space; this will help you accommodate storage cabinets, drawers, benches, chairs, and different kitchen appliances that will fit perfectly into your kitchen.
- Analyze the Function of Your Cooking Space: It is important to evaluate how and for what purpose you use your kitchen. Before designing your kitchen, take the following questions into consideration-
- Do you use your kitchen only for cooking? If yes, you should install the best kitchen appliances to enhance your cooking experience.
- Do you use your kitchen for entertaining your family and guests? Then your kitchen would need more bench space.
- Do you want to keep an eye on your kids while they do their homework? Then you may consider installing a kid-friendly kitchen island with sufficient seating.
- How many members of your family use the kitchen at the same time? If your kitchen is used by more than two people simultaneously, you need to set up multiple workstations.
- Would you like to add a breakfast counter to your cooking space?
Once you have listed your kitchen needs, you should sketch a kitchen outline so that you can make the best use of the available space.
- Kitchen Work Triangle for Determining Kitchen Layout: Modern kitchen design in Lebanon follow the concept of kitchen work triangle, also known as ‘the Golden Triangle’ to create a functional cooking space with clear traffic patterns. According to this concept, the three important kitchen zones—the sink, the stove, and the refrigerator should form a triangle to facilitate easy cooking and cleaning. If you have a fairly large kitchen area, you may opt for a U-shaped layout or a G-shaped layout to utilize the work triangle efficiently. However, if you have a small cooking space, you should opt for Galley Kitchen layout, L-shaped layout, or one-wall kitchen layout.
- Storage Space: Frequently used utensils should be put between the stove and sink or on a wall-mounted utensil rack. Glassware and drinkware should be stored on shelves over the kitchen sink. Food grains such as oats, rice, wheat, pasta, etc., can be stored in cabinets or shelves over the kitchen stove. You can also use the shelves above the stove for keeping spices and other cooking equipment within easy reach.
- Smart Kitchen Essentials: If you want to enjoy the experience of cooking, you should install smart cooking appliances and high-tech gadgets into your kitchen such as a smart multi-cooker, a smart refrigerator, a Wi-Fi-connected water purifier, a wireless water heater, a Wi-Fi connected air-fryer, and a Wi-Fi coffee maker. These intelligent gadgets will not only enhance the look of your kitchen but also enable you to cook with ease.
So these are some tips picked by us for designing your dream kitchen. We hope the above-mentioned guidelines for kitchen design Lebanon will help you create a well-designed and organized kitchen that functions impeccably.
Also Read: Trendy Kitchen Designs to Bring Home Luxury